- Review the requirements for your intended concentration track: Theory-based or Practice-based
- Complete a declaration in Advising Sidekick (ASK). You will be required to:
- Indicate what courses you have taken and make a tentative plan to meet all concentration requirements. (Please list 11 courses total.)
- Complete the required essay questions.
- A concentration advisor will be assigned to you.
- Meet with your concentration advisor to review your courses and discuss any issues/questions you may have regarding the concentration. The best way to do this is to look up your concentration advisor's office hours and attend.
- Your advisor will then approve your declaration in ASK.
Students must declare a concentration no later than the middle of their fourth semester (usually spring semester of sophomore year). Students who choose MCM as a second concentration may declare it at any time during the year. Transfer students who enter Brown with fourth or fifth semester standing must declare a concentration in their first term at Brown. Brown-RISD Dual Degree students may declare as late as the sixth semester if MCM is their first concentration.